Congratulations! You have decided to purchase a home. Buying a home can be one of your most significant investments in your life. The more prepared and educated you are at the outset, the less overwhelming and chaotic the buying process will be. You’ll be joining the ranks of hundreds of families who realize that home ownership offers a number of benefits including building equity, saving for the future, and creating an environment for your family. When you own your own home, the equity you earn is yours.
A Buyer’s representative works solely for you and has no legal responsibility to the seller. When working with a Buyer Representative, you have the advantage of personal representation, independent counseling, loyalty, confidentiality and trust. It is our philosophy at Gem Realty to ensure that you have absolute understanding of the options available to you and access to the entire market place as you shop for the property that most fits your wants and needs. This will include properties listed with our office, offered through other real estate companies, as well as unlisted properties. We will disclose all known facts about the property that are likely to affect your decision. As an exclusive Buyer’s Agent
- NO fees or charges of any kind required directly from the buyer. Fees are paid by builders or sellers.
- Your confidential information is only used for your benefit – never shared as in a traditional transaction.
- You receive advanced counseling on how to best finance your purchase including help in lender selection and loan product analysis.
- You have access to a larger inventory of properties including For Sale By Owners and unlisted properties. Traditional agents are limited to properties listed in the Multiple Listing Service unless they get a one-party listing on F.S.B.O.s. Unfortunately, they then represent the seller.
- You are advised on best negotiating strategies based on current market conditions and type of property chosen.
- You receive counseling in offer pricing strategies based on MLS statistical data. Neither a seller’s agent or a dual agent may advise you in these matters – it is the law.
- You are assured that the real estate professional helping you write your offer is ONLY considering your best interests and not what is most likely to just get the sale closed.
- You have an experienced negotiator on your side.
- You have a professional managing the escrow process through to close.
- Your agent is a specialist for buyers and spends no time working on the seller’s issues.
Comparative Market Analysis
One of the more difficult choices is deciding how much to pay for a house. We normally assist the buyer in making an offer after reviewing and discussing the results of a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA). A CMA is perhaps the most important data that can be obtained for determining price. It compares what a similar property in a comparable area is listed for and what price they have sold for. When we are representing a buyer and finds a property the buyer is interested in, we searches that neighborhood for like homes in price, square footage, and similar amenities to determine if the buyer is getting a good value for the purchase offer.